Ingredients for Bitter Chocolate Mousse
Bitter chocolate (70% crushed): 140 grams
Butter: 113 grams
Egg yolks: 4
Liquid glucose: 14 grams
Italian Meringue: as instructed
Split strawberries: a few for decoration
Ingredients for Italian Meringue
Egg white: 1
Sieved sugar powder: 100 grams
Italian Meringue- recipe:
Whip the egg white with an electric mixer, till it becomes double in size and the mixer blades leave a trace on it. Gradually, add sugar powder to the white and whip at fast pace, till there are small bumps on it.
Bitter Chocolate Mousse- recipe:
- Put the bitter chocolate and butter in a dish and heat till they melt, completely.
- In another dish, whip the yolks and liquid glucose till they mix completely and become smooth.
- Put the yolk mixture on boiling water heat and stir continuously till it becomes dense, then remove from the heat.
- Add a little of the melted chocolate to the yolk mixture and whip till the yolk and chocolate temperatures become equal, then add the rest of the chocolate and mix again.
- Add the Italian Meringue slowly to the mixture and mix in circles in one direction with the aid of a plastic spatula.
- Put the mixture in a cone, and then into glasses. Put the glasses in the fridge for 6 to 8 hours. After this time, get the glasses out of the fridge and decorate them with strawberry splits.