What is CELTA?
CELTA is the most reliable international teaching certificate in the world.
Annually, more than 12000 people manage to obtain a CELTA, by attending the course.
Who is CELTA for?
- The people who apply to teach English as a foreign or second language: being an international certificate, CELTA can provide people with the opportunity of teaching English in any country in the world.
- The practicing teachers of the English language who may not be sufficiently trained or qualified enough: CELTA is highly effective in the development of the quality and the style of teaching.
What does CELTA consist of?
CELTA course is basically held in two ways:
- Intensive (4 to 5 weeks)
- Regular (a few months to one year)
CELTA consists of:
- The strategies for efficient teaching
- Applied skills in teaching English to Adults
The 5 main topics:
- Learners and teachers, educational and learning background
- Language awareness and analysis
- Language skills: Reading, Listening, Speaking, and Writing
- Planning and using resources for a variety of subjects (learning and teaching)
- Development of teaching skills
CELTA does not have a final test, and the accurate and documented assessment of the performance of the participants in “Teaching Practice” sessions and also the 4 writing assignments, will be the basis of the judgment of the trainers, who are certified by Cambridge University.
Teaching Practice: participants have a total of 6 hours of teaching practice to two groups of actual learners at two different levels, and the assessment is based on the teaching method and performance of the trainees.
Writing assignments: during the course, the participants are required to do 4 writing assignments on the following subjects:
- Language learning in adult learners
- English language system
- Language skills
- Classroom teaching
In order to obtain the Certificate, the participants must successfully pass the stages of Teaching Practice and Writing Assignments.
It is noteworthy that CELTA has 3 passing marks:
- A Pass
- B Pass
What is the relationship between CELTA and TESOL/TEFL?
Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages and Teaching English as a Foreign Language are common terms to serve as international proofs of the qualifications of English language teachers. In the same line, CELTA as one of the oldest and most reliable teaching certificates, also serves as the international approval of the qualifications of its holders.
The credibility of CELTA
CELTA is approved by English teaching institutions the world over. It is noteworthy that the ESOL Examination section of the Cambridge University is constantly in contact with all of the educational centers and institutes for the endorsement and the recruitment of the holders of this certificates.
Who is eligible to obtain CELTA?
- People with high command of English (IELTS 7-7.5)
- People with over 20 years of age
- People with high teaching efficiency
How to enroll in CELTA?
Cambridge University has more than 250 agencies in 48 countries, and holds more than 900 courses all around the world. Safir language academy has been officially authorized to hold CELTA courses in Iran, since 2010.